This year’s Postgraduate (PG) Courses and Meet-the-Expert Sessions offer innovative and leading-edge educational opportunities for surgeons at every career stage and for the entire surgical team.
If you haven’t already registered for these PG Courses and Meet-the-Expert sessions (an extra fee is required), you can do so online or at the registration desk. Participation is limited and seats are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
All of the PG Courses offer unmatched educational opportunities, including:
- DC09: Annual Trauma Update
- DC12: Operative Techniques for the Management of Complex Injuries: Pure Surgery and Just the Facts!
- DC15: Total Mesorectal Excision (TME) for Rectal Cancer
- SC08: Fundamentals of Oncoplastic Breast Surgery
- SC12: Contemporary Strategies for Minimally Invasive Hernia Repair
- SC15: Advanced Critical Care Ultrasound Skills Course
In an effort to promote learning and retention of course content, as well as interaction between learners and faculty, PG Courses feature a longitudinal, three-part educational model. For Part 1, registrants complete a pre-course assessment and review course materials. Part 2 is the in-person course featuring hands-on learning opportunities and labs while you’re in San Diego. Some PG Courses will have a Part 3 component, which is a live, interactive participant and faculty discussion held several weeks after Clinical Congress via video meeting.
Meet the Experts
In addition to the PG Courses, be sure to check out the array of Meet-the-Expert sessions, which provide a more informal learning experience with opportunities for attendees to interact with surgical experts.
A few Meet-the-Expert sessions of note include:
- ME115: What Just Happened? Dealing with Devastating Complications: Rebecca C. Britt, MD, FACS
- ME210: Personalized Medicine for Breast Cancer: Terry Sarantou, MD, FACS
- ME310: Practical Tips and Tricks to Transitioning to Robotic Thoracic Surgery: David T. Cooke, MD, FACS
Check the Clinical Congress app, online platform, or Program Pocket Guide for specific times and locations for these sessions, as well as CME Credit information for eligible sessions.
Watch Clinical Congress Sessions On Demand
Virtual registration is still an option for Clinical Congress 2022. An on-demand library of recorded sessions from San Diego is available until May 1, 2023.